Freelancer of ZZP'er gezocht voor de volgende opdracht:
We are looking for services of a consultant to primarily further implement and health-check Symantec’s Altiris Client Management Suite (CMS) 7 modules.
We require to silently distributing software via deployment tasks, utilizing detection rules for different Enterprise scenario’s by using Altiris Notification Server (NS) version 7.
Symantec Ghost will need to be fully phased out and replaced by Deployment Solution (DS) 7.1, including with PXE
Earlier this year Altiris NS 6 was migrated to Altiris NS 7 in the framework building a support network. Although the migration was successful, there are activities that need to be finalized for the solution to be fully operational.
In order to prepare for the future migration to Windows 7 and to relieve pressure on "Customers" ServiceDesk, the consultant will need to script and package (MSI) the top-used applications (around 50) for silent enterprise deployment by using and optimizing detection rules and making use of Symantec’s Altiris NS 7 CMDB.
Scope of work:
- Altiris NS and DS 7 health-check -> e.g. optimize speed by creating additional task/site servers, assessing SQL DB optimizations and settings
- Upgrade from Altiris Deployment Solution 6.9 to DS 7.1 incl. PXE, iAMT and Uni-/Multicasting. Currently .NET issues force us to use two servers, which need to be consolidated to 1 server.
- Installation and configuration of latest Dell and HP Client Managers
- Installation and configuration of Out of Band module to support Intels iAMT
- Setting up PXE-boot imaging system in Europols support network infrastructure which is secured by firewalls between internal networks (extensive ports knowledge is therefore required)
- Customized re-packaging and scripting of 3rd party applications
(e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec) for silent enterprise deployment
- Customized building of NS7 reports and dashboards
- Preparation of distribution policies for the software via Altiris NS 7 and/or Altiris DS 7
- Creation of NS7, but and also registry or file level detection rules, utilizing the Symantec Altiris CMDB/Library for automated silent upgrading
- Monitoring deployment progress and re-mediate failed installs on very short term (big-bang approach)
- Documentation of all work carried out
The consultant will be in charge of deployment, performance and integrity of the systems deployed and should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of Altiris 7 Notification Server and Deployment Server 7.1
- Proven scripting and deployment skills for automated deployment of software packages under Altiris and MS Windows environments.
- Symantec ACE (Altiris Certified Engineer) certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE or MSITP) in the relevant areas of competence.