Lees verder +
Seeking Full-time and Freelance INTERACTIVE designers at Xplane
XPLANE, the world’s leading information design company, is looking for talented interactive designers to join our team in Amsterdam.
What does XPLANE do? We take complex, messy, important ideas and make them easy to understand. We work with Fortune 100 companies to design information graphics, YouTube videos, speaker presentations, e-learning systems, posters, card decks, iPad apps and whatever else we can think up. It’s what we do every day — it’s challenging and it’s fun.
Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
You’re local. We’re specifically looking for people who are already living and working in the Amsterdam area. You like working in teams, but can operate independently. You’re able to connect with everyone at all levels. You’re collaborative, open-minded, deadline-oriented, cheerful, hard-working. You check your ego at the door. You’re nimble—able to work in-studio or remotely to deliver client-elating results on time and on budget.
You’re talented. You excel at taking a project from concept to completion. You are comfortable with client contact in a wide range of print and multimedia communication projects. You rock at page layout, information design, visual reporting, presentations, and process mapping. You know how to use presentation software to convey a story and bring presentations to life. You’re a pixel pusher who understands design and production for both screen and print, interactive and static applications. You have a keen eye for detail and strong organizational skills.
You know the tools - Creative Suite 5, Office, iWork - for motion, interactive, audio, video and print. You’ll get bonus points for knowing Flash, After Effects, Keynote, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro and 3D design or character animation.
You’ve got the experience. You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or visual communications, although a few years solid experience in a design studio or interactive agency is even better.
* Design for user experiences. Create innovative designs that are useful, usable, engaging, and appropriate for a variety of complex business processes and goals.
* Present to clients in discovery sessions through live drawing and visual note-taking, face-to-face interaction, and/or engaging phone presentations.
* Advocate and design for the user’s goals from concept through development. Employ problem solving and design methodologies as appropriate for each project, including iterative design, prototyping, and testing.
* Facilitate communications internally, with clients, and with vendors to enable the creation of innovative design solutions. Supervise and collaborate with creative team members across multiple time zones to ensure final deliverables reflect user, client, design, and internal business goals. Manage the client relationship and function as client liaison.
* Help create and revise project workflow process and best practices as necessary. Push the work creatively and technologically while staying realistic about budget, resources, and schedules.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
* You're a natural learner. You're curious, even nosey.
* You have stunning visual chops.
* Experience creation is your ultimate goal.
* You think, act, and can draw like da Vinci.
* You can afford to expect a great variety in your clients and work.
* You can appreciate sky-high limits.
* You possess the gift of wow.
* You travel well.
And finally, you’ll provide us with a portfolio that shows off your print and interactive design skills—either in pdf format or via a web link.