Technical Support Engineer (Rational Functional Tester)
9 augustus 2010 11:04
€ 5 tot € 150 p.u.
Freelancer of ZZP'er gezocht voor de volgende opdracht:
Wij zoeken naar een Technical Support Engineer (Rational Functional Tester)
Rational Software is currently looking for motivated individuals to join the European Technical Support Center in Amsterdam, where we support our business customers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We are currently looking for an Engineer to support the automated software quality products:
Rational Functional Tester and Rational Performance Tester.
Our ideal candidate has a great love for software technology. She/he will have acquired skills as a software developer, designer, admin or software testing professional or alternatively will have the basic skills in order to be able to grow into one of these areas.
The desire to help and not give up before a solution has been found should be firmly embedded in your character. Committed to customer satisfaction; dedicated to service.
You think in innovative ways and are focused on solutions. You are able to gather knowledge quickly and share it. You will identify bugs and develop effective workarounds so that our customers will be back in business.
The Support Engineer is a strong team player and a strong individual who can efficiently resolve customer issues; independent as well as in a team.
The Technical Support Engineer troubleshoots and helps customers find work-arounds for problems or issues, escalate to development where necessary or duplicate customer issues for filing defects.
Documentation of customer problems and the resolution is an essential aspect of the job.
- Educated to a degree level;
- 2+ years experience in Information Technology with a specialization in software programming or server administration;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of JavaSE and VB.NET;
- Working experience with Eclipse and Microsoft VisualStudio;
- Windows\Unix\Linux administration knowledge;
- Fluency in English and German;
Nice to have:
- Experience with testing principles and possibly testing tools;
- Experience with reporting tools;
- Knowledge of and experience with the Jazz platform;
- Oracle, Microsoft SQL, DB2 administration knowledge;