Open VMS TAB Specialist (2)
12 juli 2010 10:04
Beheer & Techniek
Freelancer of ZZP'er gezocht voor de volgende opdracht:
We are looking for 2 Open VMS TAB Specialists.
Looking for a candidate with least 5 years experience. For this function, communication with other departments and the client is a key aspect. Part of the comm. will be in English and part in Dutch. The backbone of the system and the databases will be managed in BRNO. Therefore we aspect a candidate who is able to communicatie (speak, read and write) in English fluently. Fluently spoken and written Dutch is mandatory, because the specialist will be the focal point for the customer. The candidate will be the focal point for all Open VMS relatied subjects and audits and therefore needs to have a good understanding of security and compliance processes. Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they van effectively manage their workloads, be proactive and flexible in their approach to work.
- Perform general System management tasks (Monitoring, System start-up, Batch jobs).
- Create and implement solutions for reported problems.
- Improve and maintain existing processes.
- Performing technical services, such as acceptance testing.
- Identification of technical requirements, new opportunities.
- Performancy and Capacity Reviewing and maintaining documentation up to date.
- Reviewing and approving change control plans.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Keep track on latest improvements regaring Open VMS.
- Problem solving within defined lead times.
- Backup and Recovery.
- Upgrade operating system.
- Participate in projects within the Open VMS environment.
- Update Hard- en Software.
- Asset information database (SESDR or successor).
- Follow the SA&D process (Service Activation & Deactivation).
- Performance and Capacity Management.
- Software License Management.
- Provide daily KPI template sheet.
- Apply security APARS within timeframe.
- Resolve Cirats Issues within timeframe.
- Running Security Health Checks.
- Solving Health check findings within timeframe.
- Concerning security and operational taskes, report deviations.
- Participate in audits / PCO / SAS70 and deep dives.
- Participate in GSD331 reviews.
- Knowledge of Open VMS Monitoring concepts using ITM 6.2.
Requested service & service area:
Application Management Services - Mainframe
- Good basic knowledge of Open VMS environment.
- Good practival working knowledge of internal processes.
- Hands-on experience of the following: Itanium Hardware (HP Integrity) planning and sizing, Open VMS in an External Storage environment, Open VMS V8.3, Open VMS Layered Products, Open VMS Database and Middleware, Open VMS migration, SSH and Management Processor (MP), Heroix eQ and Robomon Integration with Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.x, Archive Backup Client for Open VMS (StorServer) integration with TSM Server.
- TCPIP (DECNet over IP.
- Problem and change management disciplines.
- Good communicator at all levels both verbal and written.
- Collaboration Adhere to the Security Guidelines.
- Implement iSeC / GSD331.
- Performance and Capacity, Server Resource Management (SRM).
- Middleware product Infomessaging.
- Middleware product Websphere MQ.
- Oracle 10G Database.
- Oracle RDBMS.
- Codasyl Database.
The environment consists of thirteen Open VMS machines on HP Itanium based machines with an exotic software stack based on Oracle RdB functionality. To run the project and maintain the system we need VMS Specialists. The Specialist wil firts participate in he project and when the applications are migrated, he will participate in managing the system.