Wij zoeken een Software Designer.
Lees verder +
Designs one system on system/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the Software Architect. The Software Designer responds to directions from the Project Leader and the Software Architect and acts in line with departmental and project processes. For day-to-day professional problems the Software Designer consults the Project Leader and fellow Software Designers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Project Leader and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns. The more experienced Software Designers also carry out complex research assignments, technically lead projects and are consulted on decisions regarding development methods. At the same time, they guide and supervise Software Development Engineers and trainees.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the design of software to be made on system level (level 1) or on subsystem level (level 2) understands the implication the overall architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall architecture.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Software Development Engineers in the team.
- Is the technical lead for the team.
- Is responsible for input in the planning process of the system /subsystem.
- Inspires project/team to get the job done.
Main experience required:
- Has expertise in design techniques & software engineering; keeps it up-to-date.
- Experience in working in teams.
- Experience in modern software engineering methods and processes.
Necessary know how / skills:
- Higher vocational or university education in computer science or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which cooperation takes place.
- Knowledge of design methods and software engineering processes.
- Excellent communicative skills.
- Improvement attitude.
- Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
Required personality characteristics:
- Disciplined team worker
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker
- Business minded
- Responsible for the design of software to be made on subsystem level.
- Understands and communicates consequences of this subsystem design on the system as a-whole.
- Delegate/control/verify the implementation to Software Development Engineers.
- Contributes to discussions concerning software design, but also takes initiative in working out design
- OO/UML, C++/C
- Operating system at least Tornado/VxWorks environment (or other RTOS) and Microsoft (XP, or Win-7) combination
- Understanding real-time system behavior, multithreading, etc.
- Clearquest, Clearcase, usage of test coverage tooling & automated testing (eg. Devpartner)