16 november 2010 16:19
€ 5 tot € 150 p.u.
JOBstream is looking for an Infrastructure Specialist.
Lees verder +
36 hours per week.
The Storage Improvement Program (SIP) Offline Project for 2010 is a part of the wider effort to improve storage effectiveness. This is a large improvement program to bring the storage operations of more in alignment with best practice seen outside. This program will deliver costs and efficiency benefits both for the storage department and internal customers. The offline project is specifically focused on improving the backup and recovery operations.
- The Backup and Recovery Specialist will assist and at times lead the design and implementation of key aspects of the banks back up and recovery infrastructure;
- The Specialist will be capable of generating design documentation, working with workshops and an interactive and flexible environment;
- The Specialist will be familiar with project working in a Prince II environment and the use of SharePoint and similar tools as part of the product delivery process;
- The Specialist will required to log on and use the backs IT systems to deliver the Projects deliverables.
- 5 years+ Experience working in a technical design role in a large storage team for several organisations, preferably using HDS and EMC storage;
- 2 years+ Experience working within a large backup and recovery environment;
- Experienced in implementing and deploying monitoring and reporting solutions in a storage environment, ideally including some backup and recovery monitoring/reporting;
- Experienced working with scheduling systems for backup and recovery environments, schedulers such as Autosys, TWS and TSM scheduler are of interest;
- Strong unix shell, perl and similar scripting skills;
- Experience in using AIX and unix interface command line interfaces;
- Experienced stakeholder analysis and requirements capture, scoping and front end project setup of storage based projects;
- A clear track record for the above.
- Able to engage with stakeholders, customer and technical staff to extract requirements and document them in a coherent way;
- Able to facilitate interaction via workshops, planning and working within a design environment;
- Comfortable operating in a lead technical or hands on architect role; Excellent communication skills;
- Good team player;
- Self motivated and able to work without direct supervision with a can do attitude;
- Excellent accuracy and diligence in their work;
- A starter and finisher, able to stay with a task until completed;
- Flexible with regard to working hours and location within the Amsterdam area.
The Storage Department NL is responsible for all the enterprise storage infrastructure and storage service delivery. Users (customers) of the department are business units that make use of storage and/or backup and recovery services.
The backup and recovery team use AIX 5.3, TSM 5.3, Sun SL850 tape libraries, IBM and Sun disks and IBM VTL technology.