The data center technician has experience with high growth, high availability datacenters. You are able to plan for capacity to ensure scalability of the server farm.
The eCG Site Operations team is responsible for 24/7/365 monitoring and incident response to eCG’s site infrastructure and suite of site related services. The eCG’s clusters
consist of over a thousand servers spread out over multiple data centers in The Netherlands and Germany.
We are looking for an experienced data center technician with hands--on knowledge of data center structuring and layouts. The eCG’s platforms are built around role--based
server clusters. The data center technician will be responsible for proper arrangement of
the clusters within our data centers to ensure maximum availability and scalability.You will work with a team of Linux Administrators, Network Engineers and Data Center
technicians and will take responsibility for liaising with suppliers. You will be familiar
with building infrastructure (UPS, generators, HVAC, electrical components, security and
surveillance systems, and other facilities maintenance).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Work in a team to deploy new data center infrastructure.
• Install new servers en blade chasses as our Linux platform grows
• Design of rack layout and power allocation.
• Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs
• Rack and stack switches, routers, and other networking devices.
• Repair and replace hardware (hard drives, memory modules, power supplies, controllers,
• Configure and troubleshoot basic Linux OS related issues on our servers
• Proactively monitor power usage, temperature, humidity, capacity, suite access.
• Testing and implementation of high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
• Provide assistance with vendors’ technical support Participate as a member of the
Site Operations team responsible for operationally excellent management and operation of
the Marktplaats servers required keeping eCG’s web properties running in a 24x7x365
• At least two years of hands--on experience in installing, configuring,
troubleshooting, and maintaining all servers, network switches and associated devices in
large, high availability data centers, preferably in the use of cold corridors.
• Experience in hosting multiple high--growth parties in a single suite.
• Strong current knowledge of network cabling infrastructure, hardware used (e.g. Cisco,
Dell, APC, Avocent, Sun, NetApp, Citrix) and networking technologies.
• Proven problem solving track record focused on quick outage restore, root cause
analysis technologies, ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
• Positive attitude and willingness to take on new responsibilities, preparedness to be
available during off--business hours
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English and Dutch.
• Valid driving license required.