For one of our clients in The Hague (NL) We are currently looking for a Technical support engineer with good Spotfire knowledge!
Do have good knowledge with Spot fire and are you available in the next 2 months for a project of 2 years?
Please read the job description below!
One of the services in our portfolio is TIBCO Spotfire - a generic interactive data analysis tool predominantly used to explore Upstream related data. The service is hosted in Global Data Centres in Europe and the United states, and support is provided from Shell locations in Rijswijk (The Netherlands) and Houston (US). Our support scope includes:
- The provisioning of the integrated Spotfire environment (Spotfire Server, Webplayer, Client software).
- Daily administrative tasks (user registration, usage monitoring etc.)
- Request, Incident and Problem management (in cooperation with our hosting and network providers)
- Basic functional support ('how to' questions on standard Spotfire functionality).
- Promotion to production and cloning of Spotfire Solutions and Information Models developed by a separate Development Team.
- Service enhancements (new Spotfire software releases, infrastructure upgrades, technical improvements)
We work closely with the Development Team responsible for the Development and Support of customer specific Spotfire Solutions.
Due to maturation of our Spotfire service (support as well as technical setup) we are looking for support staff with the following skill set:
- Preferably experience with Spotfire, both from a technical support point of view as well as basic functionality.
- Candidates with other BI software experience (eg Cognos, Business Objects) and a proven ability to quickly acquire new skills will be considered
- Ability to analyse technical problems (particularly connectivity and access problems).
- Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server and associated technologies
- Web technologies (IIS, Apache Tomcat); ASP.Net
- Authorisation/authentication (SSH, kerberos, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Applicant may be requested to participate in on-call rota and incidental out of hours work (maintanence and support during evening/weekend).
- Applicant may get involved in related support activities for other services in our scope. Initial focus however is on Spotfire.
- Development of Spotfire Solutions is not part of the job scope.
Send me your Cv right away with a small motivation If you are interested in this role and I will call you do discuss the job and rate!