In order to manage network services, a large collection of network management systems and applications needs to be continuously maintained and expanded. This management suite consists of a combination of commercially available systems and custom developed middleware and applications. The middleware provides the glue between various administrative, network management and business reporting systems. The custom built middleware, and the (web) applications and interfaces relying on it, consist of a variety of technologies and platforms, but mainly Apache, MySQL, Perl, LDAP, Oracle running on Sun/Solaris or Linux platforms. Additionally there are also systems and applications relying on Wintel platforms like .Net, SQL Server, Internet Information Server, Office Communications Server and Active Directory. The senior Senior Systems Analyst-Perl developer is providing the knowledge and experience to work on new and ongoing development projects where above technologies are used, combined and integrated.
Summary of essential job functions
• Maintain and create intelligent and robust middleware solutions.
• Work in a team of developers that have varying levels of expertise and experience.
• 75Provide and document inputs to technical specifications.
• Provide and document inputs to functional specifications where none provided.
• Develop systems and applications that support the goals of the organization according to existing standards and guidelines.
• Participate in system integration and user acceptance testing.
• Share knowledge and experience. Minimum requirements.
• Master in Computer Sciences or
• Major course work in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Datacommunications or any equivalent combination of experience and training relating to systems integration and application development. • Further qualifications or certifications in IT will be advantageous especially in relation to LDAP based Directory Services, IP networking (Cisco)and network management systems.
• A minimum of 10 years of system integration experience using (OO) Perl, MySQL/Oracle.
• An excellent understanding of IP network technologies and services like TELNET, SSH and SNMP is an advantage.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes, especially Problem and Incident Management Abilities required
• Solid technical and functional analysis skills.
• A firm understanding of good analysis, coding and documentation practices.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to function in a dynamic, informal and very challenging environment.