Wij zoeken naar een Infrastructure Specialist
Lees verder +
Strategic Outsourcing (SO) provides complex, highly-customized solutions, focused on transforming and maintaining the client’s IT environment.
IBM manages and operates other company’s IT systems under a mutually beneficial agreement.
IBM provides service level assurances to ensure quality of service is attained and measured.
Strategic Outsourcing uses defined processes and procedures to ensure the required service is delivered in a measurable, secure and stable way.
The IT Specialist role within Strategic Outsourcing is responsible for the security, maintenance and support of pSeries (AIX/Linux) systems across our customer base.
As your skills and experience increase you will participate in projects or other tasks as agreed.
To prepare you for the IT Specialist job role you must be trained on AIX/Linux technology together with your peer colleagues. You will mainly be working in Amsterdam.
This work will primarily include daily management tasks, proactive maintenance and support, and the resolution of assigned incidents and changes.
We will focus on your skills and career within IBM with additional soft and technical skills.
1) Foundational competencies
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Taking ownership
• Passion for the business
• Drive to achieve
• Creative problem solving
• Client focus
2) Knowledge and experience
• Start and finish/complete in-depended complex project implementations, installations of new environments with the latest software levels.
• Advice and implementation of technical solutions.
• Problem solving of system disruptions and Pro-active system/server management.
• Deployment and Development of new ideas to automate and modify existing environments to improve stability and reliability.
• Implement Operating Systems.
• Deployment of data conversions.
• Design and configure of computer systems and there networks.
• In depth knowledge of network protocols.
• Challenge and creation of high-level and detailed designs
• Challenge new solutions and calculate necessary maintenance hours, advice and create of cost cases.
• Creation of migration plans and successful implementation.
• Perform system tests.
• Implement, maintain and administer automated installation tools.
• Creation and execute of test-, and integration plans.
• In depth knowledge of patch management, implementations of patches or technical levels.
• Implement, maintain and administer of security guidelines.
• Creation of disaster recovery plans, implementation and execution.
• Document of new build environment and handover to BAU.
• In depth knowledge of several AIX distributions and latest releases up to 6.1, and certification is a pre-requisite. Linux Redhat Enterprise release 5 knowledge is a good addition.
• In depth knowledge of several HP-UX distributions and latest releases up to 11i/11.23, and certification is a pre-requisite. Linux Redhat Enterprise release 5 knowledge is a good addition.
• Knowledge of virtualized computer environments.
• Knowledge of HP-ux, MC ServiceGuard and Ignite backup/recovery.
• In depth knowledge of shell scripting.
• Knowledge of SAN storage.
• Knowledge of GPFS, DNS, LDAP, FTP, NIM, Virtualisation, SUDO, KSH, Perl.
• HACMP, VIO knowledge is absolute must.
• In depth knowledge of performance and capacity measurements, analyses and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the Tivoli tooling as TSM, TSCM, TLM
• Knowledge of file system organization.
• Knowledge of maintenance and build of AIX Lpar/HP-ux Npar Vpar environments including firmware upgrading.
• Knowledge of developments on power 5, power 6 and HP-ux Itanium systems.
• In depth knowledge of pSeries hardware.
• Flexible employable during office hours between 07:00 and 19:00 o’clock, and willing to work outside office hours and during weekends.
• Employable in standby duties and executing activities outside the regular office hours.
• Able to communicate in English in word and writing.
• Able to work and act in a team.
• Is used to work with Incident, Problem and change management tooling